Here is good news for all the people who wish to get rid of their double chin. The Botox owner has got a green light for the treatment of double chin using Botox. This will be the first prescription medicine to be sold in Europe and will be used to fix moderate to severe double chin. Those who are new to the subject must know that Botox is a medicine made from a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin, which is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This drug is used to block the nerves that contract muscles, thereby softening the appearance of wrinkles. A time was there when the use of this type of drug was restricted to movie stars and richest class of people. However, nowadays botox has become a common human body beautification drug, having a wide demand among middle class people also. As such, there are many clinics that offer anti-ageing treatments with botox Gold Coast wide and are working quite successfully over the years.
Some interesting facts about Botox:
Gold Coast Botox treatments are quite popular among middle-aged males and females who want to reduce aging of skin, especially the facial skin. There are many clinics that offer treatment with Botox Gold Coast wide and the rest of Australia. However, here are a few interesting facts you must know about botox before you opt for the treatment:
· Botox was first used to treat wrinkles in 1997, but at that time it had not received any FDA approval. Finally, in 2002 it was approved by the FDA for cosmetic uses.
· Botox was first used to treat crossed eyes.
· In 2013, there were almost $2billion annual sales of botox.
· No other cosmetic treatment is as popular as botox. More than 6 million people take help of botox to prevent aging of skin and reduce wrinkles.
· Clostridium botulinum bacteria are the source of botox. This virus remains inactive in natural environment.
· Botox primarily paralyzes the muscles underlying the wrinkled skin to prevent neurotransmission from reaching muscles, thereby effectively leaving the muscles to contract the skin.
· Botox has many other medical uses. It is used to treat migraine, excessive sweating, urinary bladder disorder, etc.
· Botulinum Toxin from which botox is extracted is too poisonous. It’s seen that one gram of botulinum toxin can kill one million people.
How does botox work
Botox is injected into humans in very minute concentrations in the areas where wrinkles are formed and aging is very much visible. It then prevents signals from the nerve cells from reaching muscles in the injected areas, thus effectively leaving the muscles without any instructions to contract. This makes the muscles paralyzed for the time being.
Nerve cells continuously release a chemical messenger called acetylcholine, a type of neurotransmitter, at the junction where the nerve cells meet muscle cells. Making this neurotransmitter reach muscle cells is a must for the contractions of the muscles. The acetylcholine connects with the receptors on the muscle cells and causes the muscle cells to contract eventually. Injected botox prevents the release of this neurotransmitter, thus preventing contraction of the muscle cells. Botox causes a decrease in the number of contractions of the abnormal muscles thereby allowing the muscles to become less stiff.
Clients interested in wiping out wrinkles and other aging marks from their skin must find the trusted and experienced consultants which offer treatment with botox in Gold Coast.
Botox can’t be sold without prescription. In recent times, people having no medical degree can also inject it only after obtaining prescription from doctors. On the other hand, clinics which offer treatment with botox Gold Coast wide need to keep a medical practitioner as well. Under the supervision of medical practitioners more than one individual can apply botox on the clients. All these precautions are just to overrule the lethal effects of botulinum toxin.
For more information on treatment with best botox in Gold Coast, simply log on to the Internet.